Tuesday 10 July 2012

Thank you Satish Kumar




A new boost of motivation was injected into me at Sunrise festival this year when I attended a talk by Satish Kumar. A group of people formed in a small tent at the top of the festival site: all there to listen to one man speak. Intriguing I thought. I perched on the outskirts of the group and listened in to this small and slightly weathered Indian man talk. His eyes moved across the crowd and sent waves of electricity through all of us. Lightening! Though his speech was calm, his message was strong. He repeated a saying that I love very much, "Be the change you want to see in the world" which he then followed on with his own inspiring words to encourage anyone and everyone to contribute their efforts to live more compassionately with our brothers, sisters and planet. 


Since then, I felt an urge in myself to write some words down the line of a page...

And who am I
to sit and weep
while you alone
No home to sleep?
Who am I
to want for more
when your only hope
is to not be poor
To live your life
as free (?) as I do
The girl who is
juxtaposed to you.
Who am I
to dare to see
myself as individuality.

You are me
And I am you
Our lives are weaved, tangled.
It is true.
We make one
We all do.
The beauty and the magic
The pain. It is tragic.

This moment shared
Is special and raw.
No other moment
like this
has been before.

Now is the second
that we realise
that compassion
and love
will open our eyes
to opportunities
and chances
that show us what's real:
Take this moment to
burst open the seal.

You are not solo
Not alone
Not one
You are forever
Forever is your son.

It is time we see
that he is me
and she is he
and I am me.
The capacity
to be
entirely free.

my mother
my brothers
my father
my lover
my friends in Africa, India, Belize.

We are not alone in our struggle to survive
The choices we make while we're alive
Are important and impact ALL of us!

So take it slow
Love
Embrace
Next time you buy chocolate
buy fair trade
Value our unique Human Race.
Adapt just a little
(Not too much)
Think of the hearts
That you can touch.

Who am I?
This English girl?
I am the fountain of life
I'm the world
I am within
I grow on your skin.
I am the DNA that has built us to win
to sin
to fall in.





“Be the change you want to see in the world”



Give this a watch if you have a moment, I think you will enjoy. He seems a very content man.




No comments:

Post a Comment